18 Mar The Pros and Cons Of Garden Doors vs Patio Doors
Choosing between garden doors and patio doors for your entryway is a personal choice that completely transforms the space you are putting it in. Before you make your final decision, here are some things you should know about each type of door.
Patio doors are sliding door panels often found in entrances to the backyard of a home.
– Contemporary and modern look and feel
– Suit any space
– Easy to operate
– Hardly take up any space
– Can be custom manufactured to non-standard heights and widths
– Allow for full open-door ventilation
– Energy efficient
– No obstruction of view
– Low maintenance
– Less costly
– Limited open space width (because one door is usually fixed in place)
– Can be a tripping hazard due to sliding track
– May seem out of place in an older home
– Limited to solid glass styles
Garden doors are doors with glass panels but instead of sliding, they have handles and open like a regular door.
– Much more elegant and classier than sliding doors
– Can dramatically change the appearance of your home
– Available in a wide variety of colors, frame finishes, materials, styles etc.
– Available in the very popular French Door style
– Can be opened to full width
– Great for pet owners as pet door can be installed
– Costs more than sliding doors
– Are less secure than sliding doors
– Allow less light into the home
– Lose heat faster than sliding doors
– Must conform to standard door widths and heights
– Screen options limited
There are great benefits and unfortunate drawbacks to both kinds of doors. Are you still unable to decide which one is best for your home? Need some professional advice? Quality Home Improvements can help you! Contact us today to get expert guidance on what type of doors work best for your home. Call us today at 905.721.7519
garden doors patio doors